Congratulations on your engagement! As a wedding planner, I know that planning the perfect wedding involves a lot of decisions. One of the most important decisions you'll make is choosing the right music for your reception. Your reception playlist sets the tone for the entire evening and creates the atmosphere you want for your big day. In this article, we'll guide you through the best wedding songs for your reception playlist. Let's get started!
- Classic Love Songs
There's something timeless and romantic about classic love songs. These songs have stood the test of time and continue to be popular choices for wedding receptions. Some of our favorites include:
- "At Last" by Etta James
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
- "Unchained Melody" by The Righteous Brothers
- "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra
- "My Girl" by The Temptations
- Modern Hits
If you're looking for something more contemporary, modern hits are a great choice for your reception playlist. These songs are popular on the radio and are sure to get your guests on the dance floor. Some of our favorites include:
- "Can't Stop the Feeling!" by Justin Timberlake
- "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
- "Shallow" by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith
- "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran
- Party Songs
Your wedding reception is a party, and party songs are a must-have for any playlist. These songs are upbeat, fun, and will keep your guests dancing all night long. Some of our favorites include:
- "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas
- "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
- "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
- "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus
- "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams
- Dance Music
If you want to keep the energy high and the dance floor packed, dance music is the way to go. These songs are perfect for late-night dancing and will keep your guests moving until the end of the night. Some of our favorites include:
- "Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z
- "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston
- "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson
- "Dancing Queen" by ABBA
- "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire
- Personal Favorites
Don't be afraid to include some of your personal favorite songs in your reception playlist. These songs are meaningful to you and your partner and will add a personal touch to your big day. Some of our favorites include:
- "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran
- "Marry Me" by Train
- "L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole
- "You Are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne
- "The Power of Love" by Celine Dion
Choosing the right music for your wedding reception is an important part of planning your big day. Whether you prefer classic love songs or modern hits, party songs or dance music, there's something for everyone on our list of the best wedding songs for your reception playlist. Remember to include some of your personal favorite songs to add a personal touch to your big day. We hope our guide has helped you create the perfect playlist for your wedding reception.
- How many songs should be on my wedding reception playlist?
It's recommended to have around 60-80 songs on your wedding reception playlist, depending on the length of your reception. This ensures that there is enough music to keep the party going without repeating songs too often.
- How can I make sure my wedding reception playlist appeals to all my guests?
It's important to include a mix of different genres and eras in your wedding reception playlist to appeal to all your guests. You can also ask your guests for song requests ahead of time to ensure that everyone hears their favorite songs.
- Can I hire a DJ or band to create my wedding reception playlist for me?
Yes, many DJs and bands offer the option to create a custom playlist for your wedding reception. Be sure to communicate your preferences and song requests with them to ensure that your playlist reflects your taste.
We hope you found our guide to the best wedding songs for your reception playlist helpful. Remember to have fun and enjoy your big day, and don't forget to include some of your personal favorite songs in your playlist. Thank you for reading Perfect Wedding Blog!