The Perfect Wedding Blog has the inside scoop on what your bridal party should and shouldn't pay for to avoid any awkward moments and confusion on the big day. Being a bridesmaid is a big responsibility, but with all the events and expenses leading up to the wedding, it can become pricey. To ensure that both the bride and bridesmaids have an enjoyable experience, maintaining open communication is essential.
Wedding expert Lorella Othenin-Girard says there are no set rules when it comes to what the bride or bridesmaids should pay for, but it's important for both parties to understand each other's expectations. The Perfect Wedding Blog suggests that as a bride, you be honest with your bridesmaids and let them know what you expect from them. Compromise is key!
Here's what The Perfect Wedding Blog recommends that bridesmaids pay for:
- Bridesmaid dress and accessories The bride may choose the bridesmaid dress, but the bridesmaids are responsible for purchasing it. This includes shoes, jewelry, and any other accessories that the bride may require.
- Hair and makeup Bridesmaids should pay for their own hair and makeup for the wedding day. This can add up quickly, so it's important to discuss any specific expectations with the bride in advance.
- Transportation If the bridesmaids are responsible for their own transportation to the wedding and any related events, they should budget for this.
- Bachelorette party expenses The bridesmaids are also responsible for their own expenses for the bachelorette party. This includes drinks, food, activities, and any gifts for the bride.
Here's what The Perfect Wedding Blog suggests that the bride pays for:
- Bridesmaid proposal gifts When you ask your bridesmaids to be in your wedding party, consider giving them a small gift to show your appreciation. This can be a small token of gratitude, like a piece of jewelry or a picture frame.
- Bridesmaid shower expenses The bride is responsible for paying for any expenses related to the bridesmaid shower. This includes food, decorations, and gifts for the bridesmaids.
- Accommodations The bride should budget for any accommodations required for the bridesmaids. This may include hotel rooms or transportation to and from the wedding.
- Wedding day expenses The bride is responsible for paying for any expenses on the wedding day, such as food, drinks, and decorations.
The Perfect Wedding Blog suggests that the bride and bridesmaids communicate openly and agree on what each party will pay for. This can help avoid any awkward or uncomfortable situations and ensure that everyone has a great time on the big day. By following these tips, the bride and her bridal party can focus on enjoying the wedding festivities and creating memories that will last a lifetime.